COMMON MISTAKES PEOPLE MAKE WHEN BUYING CUSTOM SHUTTERS
Installing custom shutters will not only beautify your home, but it will also increase your privacy and boost your home’s resale value. Custom shutters are ideal for kitchens and bathrooms and are a more cost-effective and efficient solution. With the right shutters, you can also control how much light enters your room.
However, while shopping for custom shutters, people try to save a couple of bucks and end up buying lower quality products. There are others who try and install shutters on their own, resulting in buying products that are the wrong size or don’t match the rest of their home.
To help you avoid mistakes like these, French Brothers Shutters has compiled a list of the most common mistakes people make when buying custom shutters.
1. Choosing the lowest bidder. While this could prove to be cost-effective, it is not advisable in the long run. Shutters may not differ where looks are concerned, but they will vary in quality. Research how they are built, what materials are used, how they are painted, what the end product will look like, etc. Visit the factory if you have to, to get a better understanding of how they work and are built.
2. Going for the lowest price. Buying cheaper shutters might be easy on the pocket, however, you can’t expect high-quality, long-lasting materials. Lower quality products are bound to be last a year or two, at the most.
3. Low product quality from overseas companies. There is a sudden boom in shutter companies, and a lot of people think they can cut costs by ordering products from offshore companies and middlemen. Make sure you buy from a company of reputation, quality, and that provides a warranty to back all this up.
4. Ensure you get what you paid for. Make sure you are buying what you are told you are buying. A lot of customers make an order based on the looks and description of a certain product and discover that they did not receive what they thought they were investing in.
5. Saving instead of spending. The biggest mistake people tend to make is trying to save money by purchasing inferior products that were made to look like a replica of the original. They end up investing in new shutters because the old ones did not last. The best way to avoid this is to find a local company that builds their own products and has the quality you are looking for.
To avoid these and other window treatment mistakes, reach out to the experts at French Brothers Shutters Having been in the business for over 40 years, we are the #1 custom plantation shutters company in San Diego. Our quality is second to none, and our products are state of the art. For a complete list of our services, please click here. If you have any questions about custom shutters, we’d love to hear from you. Please contact us here.